Well, I feel I've accomplished a fair amount this week and yet it's zipped past again and somehow I feel like I haven't done enough! I know that doesn't make much sense. I'm somehow quite frustrated at how long things take... or more to the point, how little time there is left for anything else after.
I've started my third final piece today and as it's only a littlelun, I hope to finish it by Tuesday. This actually puts me ahead of my plans by a little and I'm not sure what results I'm creating, but I'm loving the process.
However, I think the problem is, all the looking ahead... wondering if I'm on schedule to finish a book by February (to me that feels like a tight deadline!), knowing what the next project will be and letting my mind wander to that occasionally. Planning my own potential texts efforts and then looking at publication dates in 2010. It all makes me feel quite impatient. I feel like I've spent so much time thinking about this project and planning for it, it should be finished by now, dagnammit. I'm having trouble not believing it's December too. I keep wanting to send everyone Christmas cards... I'm as bad as Woolworths and Argos for trying to cram Yuletide cheer down people's necks on September 1st.
At the same time, knowing all the things that I have to do up until next August (!) is helping me not waste my time nearly as much as I used to. It looks like a mammoth and exciting list. I think I just have to remind myself to stay in the present a little more.
Here are some of the non- workrelated things I've done this last week and felt chuffed about.
1. found a new favourite cafe and spent some valuable cake-eating time catching up with a dear friend.
2. Learnt how to cast on and started making myself a scarf from squishiest purple wool I could find.
3. Met 3 fabulous new people.
4. Listened to 'Eat, Prey, Love', by Elizabeth Gilbert. Amongst all the new-ageyness that made me cringe was a lot of fun stuff and feel-goodness that I'd recommend. Elizabeth Gilbert reads it herself with a lovely soft accent.
5. Bought some comfy monkey pants!