Thursday, December 18, 2008

2009- Woohoo!

Given that we're over a week in, I somehow feel I've lost the right to any fancy new year's talk. However, what's a little rule-bending between friends, eh? Happy 2009 everyone! Another year bites the dust, eh? I hope you each saw 2008 out with all the style and finesse of which I know you're capable... (no wearing of traffic cones, snogging someone inappropriate or need for Tesco's alka seltzer aisle for us- no, siree!)

2009 does seem (most unfortunately, poor thing) to have 'handle with care' stamped all over it. Although, personally, I see no reason that we shouldn't greet it with as much nose-tweaking and cheek-pinching as with any other year. Let's give it a spanking good welcome. After all, pessimism is darned near a self-fullfilling prophecy, isn't it? Besides, in spite of my computer packing up (with a frightening air of finality this time), the internet deciding to go on the blink (again) and my fella stepping in poo (outside of the house, naturally!) all before 1pm on jan 1st, I have a very good feeling about this year.... SO THERE!

10 comments:

loodles said...

stepped in poo....eeek. Well it is good luck isn't it. Maybe we should all go and step in some dog doo and cross fingers at the same time?! that's a cute little boy sketch (checked his trainers-no poo). Here's to all the luck of 2009...x

cassia said...

I'm not sure stepping in poo is lucky. I think it's just it landing on you. Mind you... out of the two I know which I'd prefer... 'specially if we're talking anything bigger than a robin red breast!

Luck back atcha. cx

Lynne Chapman said...

...making me laugh as usual!

cassia said...

everyone loves a good poo story!

April Jarocka said...

Happy New Year Cassia! I see your blog's off to a good start talking about poo. LOL
Hope you're good
April
:)

cassia said...

Yup, thanks April! I'm stunningly highbrow, aren't I?! A very, merry 2009 to you too! :0)

Claud said...

eewwwwwwww. Poo? Lawks, Is there no end to the grossness of dogs? Although I am being presumptious about who's poo it was that Liam stepped in. She-Bear's? Your's? Did Liam accidently step in his own after squatting outside the front door? That's an image I'll never get out of my mind.
Nice to see you spreading the joy as ever Cass! xx

cassia said...

She-bear completely innocent, of course. Liam, on the other hand... x

princesstomato said...

happy 2009! :)

teri

cassia said...

thanks very much, Teri! It's going to be a good one- I'm certain of it! :0)