Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lively Elizabeth's Bologna-ise success!

It looks very much like Lively Elizabeth, the little minx, shall continue to excede my own meagre holiday plans. As I've just come back from sunny Wales, I've heard from Hodder that Elizabeth is set to go international! Apparently she did behave herself at Bologna and in fact went down a triumph- Woohoo!

This is great news indeed. Although Mara is a seasoned pro, I knew I, as the newbie had the very great potential to boldly and proudly sink a perfectly good ship. Since the artwork itself was commented on positively, I now feel able to be a little more confident about the future.

However, as of yet, nothing is definite; No eggs have been placed in a single basket and no poultry, of any sort, has been counted. It does mean though that I can breathe a very small sigh of relief that Elizabeth's off the starter block. Once I know anything more definite, I shall pack her cossie and shades and give you a shout!

8 comments:

April Jarocka said...

congarts..I mean congrts...God, it's been a long day Cassia...you know what I mean. WELL DONE!!!!

Kevan said...

Congratulations!!!

: D

cassia said...

Thanks, April! And no worries... it has indeed been one of those weeks, even! Yesterday, I both made myself a tea with no teabag in AND a tea with two teabags in! The world has clearly gotten the better of us both!

And, Mr Shorey! Thank you kindly, Sir! I was going to email you, actually- I found the link below, and thought it might be interesting i.e. it's the kind of exhibition I'd love, so thought I'd attempt to live vicariously through you!

This might be of use to anyone else who can get to the San Francisco area also.

http://www.sfcb.org/php/event.php?id=t1-050109-evt

Lynne Chapman said...

Well done my dear. One hesitates to say 'I told you so' but...

The drawings are great - you have a lovely line quality and really capture the essence of the character!

christine grove said...

I knew she'd do well! You have such terrific characters. Congratulations!

cassia said...

thanks very much both! I'm really glad you like the work. :0)

Laurie said...

Three cheers for Cass. Hip Hip Whoo Hoo! I bet you have a big smile on your face!!

cassia said...

thanks very much Laurie! I love both your blog sites, btw. I came across your writing one this morning and only once I signed up to it did I realise you were the same person doing the creating pictures one. Both are really interesting visits- shall look forward to your new entries!