Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Introducing George and Ghost

I have just consumed the hugest plate of feta, pitta, roasted peppers, salad, hummus and olives (Actually, I lie. I aspire to eat the very sophistication and chic that is olives... Unfortunately I find them to taste like one's mouth after a bout of gastroenteritis. Either that, or the inner sole of an athletes' shoe...) However, despite the fact that I can't stand the things, I always feel a sense of joy when olives are placed on my plate. There's an immense gladness that the waiter hasn't taken one look at my inane grin and swiftly replaced them with alphabetti spaghetti...

Anyhoo, I 'did' lunch. 'So what?' You ask. 'You went to lunch. Big deal!' Firstly, yes it was, thank you very much; All that food for a fiver- Bargain! And secondly, you're completely missing the point! I had TIME to do lunch!!! Which means, HUZZAH! I've FINISHED THE BOOK!!! *

*Well, almost- I still have the cover to do, but don't you be raining on my parade, now!

Good grief! And it feels really good. I'm very fond of the journey this book's gone on. The author, Catriona Hoy seems pleased, and Hodder too. I think we're all feeling a bit collectively chuffed that it's all gone so smoothly thus far. As per usual, all could go belly (and many other body parts) up at Frankfurt, or else maybe the thing won't sell when it comes out. However, I think I'd still be really proud of it.
I had intended to take the week off; to mooch about, take a pick-axe to the washing up, and watch horribly atrocious movies . However, as we've previously discussed, I'm simply no good at time off. Thus, I've already started on a new project. I'll let you know how it goes. Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...

18 comments:

mai s kemble said...

hehehe...
I Love it!!

I hope you enjoy jumping right back into things!!! it'll only make you want to eat more!

Joanna Dover said...

Well, congrats on finishing - how exciting!! The picture you posted looks just beautiful. I hate olives too! and am also one that always plans to have super time off when finished with a project, but can never do it. Always easier to get on with more work. It's a real art being able to take time for oneself. An art I haven't mastered!

cassia said...

Mai, you're completely right. I keep waiting for some sort of food-related will-power to kick in... Nothing so far! Excuse me for a minute-

Garcon, bring me my cake!!!

Joanna, I'm sure people just SAY they like olives, but they don't really 'get' olives... Olives are like the food equivalent of Damian Hirst, I reckon...

You're right about the time off too- it just makes me crazy. I think I MIGHT be able to make an allowance for an all-expenses paid trip to Japan though...mmm...holiday...

Buskitten said...

Congratulations Cassia! and wow! The illustration you've posted is fantastic! Well done you, and I had a right old chuckle about the olives, haha!

loodles said...

fantastic Cass.....Love it. Congratulations....my your new project be just as smooth...x

cassia said...

Thanks both.

Buskitten, Olives seem to be a lot less popular than they claim to be!

Loo, I really hope so. Is tres scary not knowing what comes next!

xxx

Claire Massey said...

Gorgeous lovely picture!!! George is so cute, can't wait to buy it for my own George!!!xxx

cassia said...

Suspect he's not as cute as real George! cx

Lynne Chapman said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I know the great feeling of relief and accomplishement when you can get it all packaged up and sent off.

You do deserve a little bit of a rest though, surely, if only to do more eating??

cassia said...

thanks Lynne! Alas, I'm busy working on the cover as we speak. There NEVER seems to be time to have off!

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. cx

Damian Harvey said...

Well I'll certainly buy one wen it comes out - it looks great.

Sorry I missed you at Lynnes exhibition. Will hopefully Might bump into you at a Hodder get together in the future.

Damian Harvey said...

Will hopefully might... good grief. I've forgotten how to write in the few days I've been away from my laptop.

cassia said...

haha! I have those days too...most days in fact. Brain trips its' switch.

Yes, be good to see you. I guess it's not all THAT long until the Christmas party again!

J.E.Larson said...

Astoundingly intrigued with such a delightful little ghost and tremendously eager to observe this tale collectively - bravo! And as the mischevious vapours of the haunted house are prone to observe, there shall certainly be
"good boo's tonight!"

cassia said...

Boom boom!!!!

Thanks terrifically! :0)

Alexiev said...

Beatifull...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar

Proyectos

Store

Catupover said...

Hi Cassia,

I do love the illustrations...lovely to 'meet' you. The colours are fantastic and I just love George. Fingers crossed for both of us and I'm really hoping it gets picked up in Australia too.

cheers, catriona

cassia said...

thanks very much Alexiev! Very kind of you.

Catriona! Hello!!! Good to hear from you! I can't tell you what a joy it was to work on 'George and Ghost'. Your words made it so easy to visualise, and to put it all together. I hope we get to 'meet' again soon- hopefully on another project too! :0) I didn't realise you were based in the UK now- perhaps we'll have chance to meet properly at some point...? In the mean time, I shall continue posting more 'George and Ghost' posts in the hope that our pair acquire world domination!!!