Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dear Blog

Happy birthday, dear Blog
Happy birrrrrrrthdaaaaaay, deee-arrrr Blo-oggggg
Happy birthday dear Blog!

1 year old last week, I say! And didn't it go quickly?! Good grief, I do believe it's fair flown by! And what has become of my blog one year on...? Well, hang on, let's see... I'm sure I left it somewhere under this dust bunny....? Perhaps beneath these cobwebs....? Ye-essss, there it is! Excellent. And I expect you're now all a blether, bashfully wondering, 'But I didn't bake a cake....' and 'But, I didn't don my finest, fancy pants...' Or perhaps you're thinking, '...And what does one BUY a blog anyway...?' Well, now then, now then, settle down, Children. It really IS the thought that counts... And after you're done thinking, please do send cheques, choccies and cards immediately! Failing that, it would be FANTABULOUS to acquire just one more follower; An extra special birthday follower, with chocolate sprinkles and sugar on top. I do so loathe odd numbers and 50 is darned near the perfect blog present! Any takers....? Yes? No? Ahhh, I can see I'll have to resort to bribary on this one!

Ok, so here's a picture I've been working on. The technique isn't quite as I'd like it to be, but I think it's a question of going onto a different image now, rather than attempting to re-work this one.

16 comments:

Thrilll said...

Happy internet birthday, CassBlog.

Your art is looking good!

Good.

Here's to many more years! Or at least until the 2012 apocalypse, anyway? After that I'll have to look for your art scrawled on bombed-out buildings and such.

cassia said...

lol. No doubt it'll be there! Do you think we might have a pre-apocolyptic meet-up some time?

cassia said...

ahhh, thank you kindly, Mr Van Hamme! So lovely to have you aboard! :0)

Mundo Mundaca said...

Happy Birday Bog!!!!!!
congratulations for your day.. that you have a lot of success and you cheer.
Always continue making those wonderful works and these magics illustrations.
God blesses you.!
xoxo
yasmin

cassia said...

thanks for your support, Yasmin! Very kind of you. cx

loodles said...

awesome Cass, loving the work. REally lovely colours. happy blog birthday too :o) x

cassia said...

ta v. much, missus. I may make myself a jam sandwich to celebrate! cxxx

Claire Massey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire Massey said...

Gorgeous picture!!! Is that snuggly looking fellow the pillow dragon? And happy birthday blog! I see you got your birthday wish - you've got 50 followers now xxx

cassia said...

thankye, claire. Faye and I were talking about you today. Gonna have to arrange that meet-up soon. We miss you. x

Claire Massey said...

Left two comments without realising so took one off, pesky blogger is always playing tricks on me! Really hope we get to meet up soon, missing you two too! xxx

christine grove said...

Happy Birthday blog!

cassia said...

lol, claire!

Thanks Christine. How've you been? I've just had a little peak at your blog- you're putting me to shame with all the new work up there. I love the guinea pig birthday piece the best. He's a brilliant little character.

Damian Harvey said...

Happy Birthday indeedy... and it looks like your birthday wish came true - 52 followers.

Hmm... might have to try that on mine. :-)

Great picture by the way - be interesting to see how it turns out.

cassia said...

thanks, Damian. Are you settling in to a slightly quieter house now? Great to see Rachel's off to do art though. x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.