Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lively Elizabeth on Amazon!

Ok I admit it, ego-centric, control freak that I am, every 0nce in a while I google myself- (mainly to check my site taggy things are working in the search engine- honest!) but sometimes just to see what I've been upto when I wasn't looking!
I was honoured to see my good and exceptionally talented friend, Paul Milne, had linked me from his site- Thanks, Paul!

But I was also hugely excited to find 'Lively Elizabeth' on Amazon! Very strange feeling indeed- especially as I just stumbled across it. I wasn't expecting it to be there until the New Year, at least. It makes it really real now, which is actually quite a butterfly-inducing, experience. I mean, it has a proper ISBN number and EVERYTHING!!! It feels a little like the moment you realise you might actually get that super-cool toy you've been ringing in the Argos catalogue for several years in row! Gosh! Well, all I can say is, please place your pre-orders now, People!!!!

But I have to say, my favourite personalised google reference was this, from the Iowa Old Press (brace yourselves- it's news to me too!)

'Somebody told us Saturday that Cassia Thomas and wife have 250 young chickens. They aim to get them big enough for the market at Easter time.'

Excellent!!!! If ONLY I could claim to be that Cassia Thomas!

11 comments:

Buskitten said...

Congratulations Cassia! A very well-deserved lovely shock (as opposed to the 'Google-induced Nasty Shock!!)
It looks just stunning!

cassia said...

thanks, Buskitten. I don't know though, I've always fancied owning chickens...
x

April Jarocka said...

Me too!!!

Kate Slater said...

Congratulations! I did that exact same thing last week too and was so excited! (Amazon told me I enjoyed a blissful childhood in the countryside, which is true, but I don't think I've ever said that specifically)... x

cassia said...

thanks, April!

Amazon knows, Kate- It KNOWS!!!

xxx

Jessie said...

Well done with the book Cassia! When I last googled myself I found scary old paintngs that have long since died eek!x

loodles said...

woohoo, yay. Your first book on amazon and not the last either. Well done Missy moo. (can you please send me a big fat chicken) x

cassia said...

Jessie, that is the problem with the internet. What goes up, doesn't necessarily come down! My degree work is somewhere up there too. Urg! Still, as long as we disguise the old with the new, eh?!

Ta, Loo. Chicken's in the post!

xxx

emma wallace said...

Congratulations! How marvelous to find oneself on Amazon!

cassia said...

thanks, Emma! Yes, it is hugely exciting, but I did feel I'd gone into shock for a wee while after realising!

Lynne Chapman said...

Not sure which is more intriguing - your chickens or your wife!

The book looks great. We should set up a reciprocal Amazon revue circle...