Thursday, October 29, 2009

More B+W Doodles

My head feels like it's got a tribe of elephants traipsing through it in mixed stillettos and clogs. Possibly, the biggest elephant might also have a drum 'n' bass fetish and the youngest has taken up the tuba...

I'm hoping this is a reaction to the terrible culling of thousands of baby 100watt lightbulbs, and not the dreaded lurgy. Ahh, 100watt lightbulb, I so mourn your passing. And damn you, 60watt! It's like working through a nicotine stain- I demand better working conditions. At this rate, we'll soon all be working by the light of a glow worms' buttocks!

Anyway, here's another doodle. I may have to stop myself working in b+w soon. I'm loving it way, way too much... I'm sure it's not healthy...

8 comments:

April Jarocka said...

I love it Cassia. Seems your lack of light is not doing you too much damage in the creativity department. Am working on a few b/w's myself this coming week, if my boss lets me have the time off that I badly need and want.

cassia said...

ooh, good luck! With the time off and the illo's... but beware, I'm finding the b+w quite, quite addictive- makes me realise EXACTLY why I left off using colour for quite so long!

April Jarocka said...

B/W is very addictive! I'd leave colour out altogether if I could.

Lynne Chapman said...

I think you should have drawn us a glo-worm's buttocks!

Lovely spooky looking face on this one. Your B&W is indeed very yummy. Do what you enjoy while you can, I say!

cassia said...

Lynne, You know what my next drawing will be of now, don't you?!

April, yes, I agree. I love colour in other people's work, but sometimes I'd so like to do away with it in my own.

Victoria Stitch said...

i absolutely LOVE this!

Coreopsis said...

Oh it IS healthy--it is! Keep doing black and white sketches. They're so ALIVE. I love the texture and line-quality of them.

And why get rid of the 100 watts? 60 watts are way too dim. Aren't there compact florescent bulbs that put off more light for the same amount of energy?

cassia said...

thanks so much, Victoria! :0)

Coreopsis- You're right. I'm so enjoying it.

Hmm... the lightbulb thing. Yes, you're right again- it's just that I only ever realise I need the light on after it's dark (I'm usually wombling away until I suddenly realise drawing's getting way tougher than it was, because I actually can't see my hand in front of my face any longer!) The problem with those energy saving lightbulbs is they take years to 'hot up.' By that time, procrastination has set in, and I'm well into the next episode of Dexter, and another cup of tea. End result? No work. Bad Cass!