Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Err... Happy new year????!

*Cass creeps meekly into the picture, pink cheeked and ansy-looking*

Blog: Say you're sorry.


*Cass looks sheepish and defiant, in turns.*


Blog: We-elllllll.....?


*Cass shuffles feet nervously*


Blog: Cassssssss.... do we have to go through this again...?


Cass: Sorry, Blog. Sorry for leaving you so long! (in a rush)


Blog: (sighs) That's ok. Now, get on with your post.


Cass: *bashful grin* OK!


So, in brief, our um... for lack of a better word, 'heroine' has:


-Moved home. To yummy, yummy Surrey. Oh, how she likes living close to so much National Trust land AND a Cupcakery! All the lovely walking amongst deer, rabbits and llamas (don't ask!) ALMOST accounts for the cupcake consumption.


- updated her website. Huzzah! About blooming time.



- Started work at Waterstones and a local nursery. Interesting turns of event, these. Both are working out ok, although she did almost quit on the spot this morning, after being presented with a prize booger (at the nursery, obviously! The staff at Waterstones are very well-behaved indeed!)


- Started work on a new book. Hooray! Keep watching this spot.


- 1 month and TWO days left until the release of her first book. Hardback books rarely ever make it into store these days, so please feel free to go into your nearest bookstore and/or library and ask for 'Lively Elizabeth'. If the shop doesn't ask for a deposit, I'd love everyone to go ahead and order a copy too- when you don't buy it, it'll go out on the shelf and hopefully someone else will. (Of course, I trust YOU all have your copies on order already! ;0) x )


Some of you may have also have noticed the children's illustrators site has been down. It got hacked into a little while ago, apparently. However, it's all in good working order now; and with a brand new face lift too. You can visit my section here.


Other than that, I'd like to draw your attention to the film, 'Cirque Du Freak', if you haven't seen it... and you probably have- I'm always last on the scene with these things! Anyway, having read the book, I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy the film. Films so ofter cock-up a good book, don't they? Anyway, solid script and acting, and the story arc (plus, what they did and didn't take out, plot-wise) worked well. Ahh, Harry Potter- if only you could have been treated as well...!


I think that is all, for now!



12 comments:

Victoria Stitch said...

i LOVE that illustration! its so magical!

Claire Massey said...

I love the fact your blog was telling you off!

Hope the jobs are going ok and you're doing your best to avoid llamas (I'm scared of llamas) your website's looking great! xxx

Lynne Chapman said...

Glad to have you back, bad girl. Sounds like you're too busy to eat cupcakes!!

I hope you will announce your forthcoming publication day to all and sundry with huge fanfare... can't wait! Fancy doing a book-swap?

Alex T said...

Good to hear that you are back Cass - I too have been guilty of neglecting my poor blog (I thought it was supposed to be hibernating - honest).

Be sure to take every opportunity to remind those soft southern surrey-ites that they have no idea what proper snow is and dismiss anything less than 10ft drifts as 'a bit of a thick frost'.

mai s kemble said...

I think this painting just about made up for any time away from your blog as it's absolutely exquisite! :)
Glad you're back!
Nice changes to the website, too!
Glad you are enjoying your new home in Surrey!!
(and the cupcakes!)

cassia said...

wow! Thanks everyone. Have been away from the computer today, and your comments have been a lovely welcome back. I'm sending you all cyber cupcakes in return! x

cassia said...

and yes please, miss chapman, a bookswap sounds brilliant!

Mary said...

Tehe, your post made me smile! Looking forward to the new book. I shall order mine next time I venture into waterstones. I'm not allowed in very often, my bank account says it's bad for me!
x

Buskitten said...

Hey, welcome back, Cassia! Does the nursery have little kids or plants in it?!

cassia said...

Thank you very much,Mary- much appreciated. I'd be jolly chuffed to know you had a copy on your shelf- piggy bank willing, of course! :0)

Buskitten, I suppose since I have a history of killing plants, it's probably a good thing that its children in the nursery!

xxx

ti-igra said...

Very beautiful!!! :-)))))

Karien Naude said...

I just love your work, they are realy beautiful.