Sunday, March 14, 2010

ooh, goodies!
















Now, I know there's probably some fancy way of lining all these up, but I was far too excited to bother about all that complicated rubbish. What fantastic pictures! A huge thank you to the fabulous Katie, Ben, Mao and Freda at the top there, the marvellous Prospero's Bookshop in Crouch End, and last but not least Claire, Sam and furry friends!
Dead chuffed with them, Guys! Please keep them coming.
I may have some excruciatingly embarrassing ones to add soon myself. Mara and I are doing our first event at the Guildford Waterstones, on the 10th April. Details here. Hopefully, there'll be a fancy dress competition, drawing, a book reading, and much more. Everyone's welcome. Please do come and say hullo. I'm going to be horribly nervous, mind, so if I merely gurgle and stammer, you'll know why. No doubt my dear Ma will be on hand to take a variety of awful snaps of the occasion! Will keep you posted.

15 comments:

Thomas Taylor said...

My copy is sitting in the UK waiting for me to go to it, or for someone in my family to visit me! Looks god though:)

cassia said...

you're a star, Thomas. Thank you so much. :0)

April Jarocka said...

Cool....

cassia said...

isn't it? People are quite, quite lovely!

Sam McCullen said...

Great stuff! I'll be there on the 10th... can I take part in the fancy dress comp pleeeeease?

Ta for the email - will get onto that asap. X

cassia said...

of course you can come fancy dress. what'll you come as? I need to make sure if I'm speaking to a monkey/tiger/dinosaur, that it's the right one... (so pleased you can make it! :0) )

Sam McCullen said...

I might come dressed as Brenda, the bearded lady of Guildford (have you encountered her yet?)... but there's always the danger of coming face-to-face with her whilst in costume!

Not to mention the danger of making children cry.

cassia said...

i've not had the pleasure. I think a 6ft5" bearded lady is possibly not where I was hoping to go with the event. I think they made that sort of show illegal, didn't they?

Sam McCullen said...

I'm 6'3, so it's all good.

Lynne Chapman said...

Well done you! Love the 3rd pic down, with the cat so engrossed in the story.

Best of luck with Waterstones - knock 'em dead (well, maybe not quite dead exactly...)

cassia said...

oh yeah, Sam- so that won't be freakish at all...

Lynne, thanks. I just hope there's some folk there TO knock dead... or at least semi-conscious...

Jon Davis said...

Good stuff.
Good luck with the event at Watersones, I bet it'll be great fun :0

matt dawson said...

VERY well done on the book, looks superb! Hope it sells in the millions (as it rightly should!). Best of British with the Waterstones gig too, don't know if I'm around that wknd, but if I am I'll try and pop by. In answer to your question I'm in Woking (I guess someone has to be) and haven't heard about the Surrey Illustrators, who they, do tell...?! Thanks so much for stopping by the old blog, glad my efforts get the pro illustrator/book sellers tick!

cassia said...

Jon, I do hope so. Thank you so much for the luck- I'll use it wisely.

Matt, your stuff is AMAZING!

I think there's a Surrey Illustrator's meeting next week Wednesday, in Guildford. I've not managed to make it yet, but I'm definitely going this time, and I'm sure you'd be very welcome, if you're about? As far as I know, it's mainly kids book illustrators. Would be great to see you.

cassia said...

thanks so much, Jon. Very kind indeed.

Matt, I shall endeavour to get my woefully prepared brain around an email today.

:0)