Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lively Elizabeth Released in The States!

It's 3 short days until Lively Elizabeth hits Stateside! I'm so excited. This has been such a long process with so many different dates attached to it; hugely increasing the nerve-jangling, foot-tapping, brain-exploding anticipation at my end. September 1st is the biggest so far. Having it released over the pond will be a big part of the puzzle fitting into place. And I hope it's a piece that fits snuggly and successfully.

As I'm sure I've mentioned just once or twice before (almost as if it *might* have been playing on my mind!) how the book goes down in The States will very much dictate whether Lively Elizabeth 2 will be made.... And as I already know a little of the yummy craziness that Mara's planned for Lively Elizabeth 2, I really hope that happens! It would be an illustrative feast (hint hint!)

I think we've been really lucky with the US publisher. I've had quite a lot of contact with Albert Whitman, and they seem to be really on the ball, marketing-wise, and darned fine folk too. Considering the book was complete when they set eyes on it, there's been very little necessity to chat to us. However, the fact that they have made good effort to involve us has really eased my mind; knowing that this is a company that goes the extra mile with it's authors and illustrators- even if they're physically gazillions of miles away (yes, my geography is pretty ropey!) I know they'll work hard to look after our Lizzie, and the books new American dust jacket is pretty swanky too!

You can buy Lively Elizabeth directly from the publisher, Albert Whitman. But it should be available from any good bookshop. Please request it at your local shops and libraries too.

4 comments:

Victoria Stitch said...

oh wow, thats amazing! i really hope america like her!

Olly said...

Yeehaaaaa! Best of luck to you lady! I hope it receives the success it deserves Xx

cassia said...

thank you, Ladies! I've crossed my fingers and toes. x

Jon Davis said...

Top stuff, hope it does really well :)