Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A bit of fluff...

Here's my latest efforts at colouring fur. This is an old image, but I wanted to have another go at colouring him up without getting far too excited about the actual drawing part!

I think he probably needs some more highlights now I look at him again, but I think I'll leave it for today and have a closer scrute tomorrow.

I reckon this was why I was rubbish at colouring books. Colouring is so much more boring than drawing!

In other news, myself and 22 children from Ash Grange School had a whale of a time for World Book Day. We took over the kiddies section of WH Smith, and coloured and treasure-hunted, yelled at Lively Elizabeth (hugely fantastically, everyone knew the words!), and (very importantly) ate biscuits! Was a great celebration, and WH Smith were kind enough to give a few lucky prize-winners book vouchers too, so hopefully there'll be plenty more book lovin' in future. Thanks to everyone that made my World Book Day fab!

8 comments:

Pagan said...

OMG how cute his he!! you are a total inspiration Cassia. You're blogs always make me smile.

Mai Kemble said...

:)
he is so so so so cute!!!

I want a whole colony of them!!!!

I think you would make a great puppet designer. hehehe

Sam McCullen said...

LOVE this! Please tell me he's been commissioned?! X

cassia said...

thanks everyone.

Pagan, Awesome name!!! Always glad to make someone smile.

Mai, I've always wanted to try puppets and masks. Maybe one day...

Sam, fancy a meet-up? I could do with some advice on a story I'm working on. Hope you're well, dear boy.

x

Sam McCullen said...

I'd love a meet-up! I could do with some advice on lots of things!

Next week sometime? Guildford?

matt dawson said...

This guy works for me Cass. I don't know about you not concentrating on the drawing. One of the things I like about your art is the marriage of the drawing and the colouring, the way the graphite hair drawing accentuates the coloured is very successful... highlights or not. For me I don't thing highs are all that necessary although it'd depend on the little guy's (or lass, sorry :-) surroundings... or whether he / she... er it... had just had a shower of course :-)

Lynne Chapman said...

SUCH fun - I love him. A wonderful expression too.

cassia said...

ta, matt. all good points indeed. I'll chuck you an email about meeting. Can't wait to have a good chinwaggio again. x