Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Location, Location, Location...



Arg. This weekend marks a trip to pastures new. I've spent the past 3 days selotaping life as I know it into boxes.... and I swear the boxes are a helluva lot bigger than a year and bit ago when we last moved.

Today it was my poor beloved studio's turn. Always the most emotional part of a move for me.
These tiny cubby holed spaces have consumed so much of my time that I always feel sad saying good bye.


One of the nice things though, is that I finally get to the bottom of the piles I've been putting off sorting. I always find pictures I've forgotten all about. Here is one of them. I have absolutely no recollection of doing it, so I suspect it was a 'front of TV evening special' done on a whim.


Anyway, my next post will be from a different location... a whole 2 roads away!!!


As an aside, I'll be making an appearance at The Grayshott Children's Theatre next Tuesday the 10th May. Penelope Keith will be doing a book reading of a Julia Donaldson number, and I'll be doing some drawing activities and book signing with the kiddywinks. All are welcome for fun frolics.


9 comments:

Zepol Ilustradora said...

Felicidades, muy buenas ilustraciones. Saludos Te sigo.

Trade Your Talent said...

love your illustrations! they are absolutely amazing!

cassia said...

thanks very much, both! :0)

Victoria Stitch said...

i absolutely adore this! you are so talented at drawing and i am jealous!

rachel awes said...

such dearness
in your
hereness.
i have a companion
piece on my
blog this week
to this!
xo

Lynne Chapman said...

Hope it all went well on Tuesday and the move hasn't been too painful!

Jon Davis said...

Good luck with the move, and with the theatre stuff, too. Sounds like it should be fun, and amongst good company :)
And that's a very nice picture to not remember having done while watching tv.

Anonymous said...

I really like your illustrations! I like drawing too! I'm definitely coming here more often.
Have a look at my blog, if you like:
http://amalia-thebookshelf.blogspot.com/

Hope you like it!

matt dawson said...

Lovely patient, controlled but 'lively' (that adjective hangs around this blog doesn't it...)pencils. You don't remember drawing this...? Have you been sleep sketching again Cass ...?! Hope the whole 2 roads over has gone / is going smoothly. Get your roots down as soon as possible! Plus all this personal appearance stuff... quite the creative showman (or should that be showgirl... sounds a little sordid...). Hope to hear about it in person before too much longer drifts on by! TTFN