Sunday, August 28, 2011

A dog day afternoon...

... well, morning, actually. It's 5.28am to be precise. And I can't sleep. I have one, single, stuffy nostril, and it's ruined the flow of my, 'Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's'. Currently they're more, 'Zzz-insert noise like a balloon being deflated beneath a medium tog duvet-zzz.' I'm sure you can appreciate the difficulty.

And, to top it off, I've just remembered I had an idea for a story the other day, which was absolute GENIUS!!! I know it was GENIUS!!! because I now can't remember for the life of me what the jiggins it was! I have an empty little gap in my brain, be-decked by red, velvet curtains, which still echoes with the cheers of close-to brain cells. Honestly, I do. If only I could remember that idea, you'd all be gobsmacked- GOBSMACKED, I tell you...

... But I just... can't... remember...

Anyway, that's pretty much sealed the deal on sleep. So...


... here's Jam instead.












6 comments:

Elina Ellis said...

I absolutely adore your drawings! What a wonderful style! So sweet and detailed and full of expresion. I love your kids! They look real!

June said...

Not wishing to dash your idea to bits, but have you met Clifford? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_the_Big_Red_Dog

Not invisible, but big and red.

So sorry, but better to realise this at the start than further along with an idea.

cassia said...

thanks Elina. I love your characters too. The posing of them is brilliant!

June, omg! No! I don't think I've ever met Clifford before. I say, 'I don't think' because Jam was actually my real life invisible friend. I had him when I was about three, and I'm just wondering if I ever encountered Clifford as a kid!!! How weird. Will have to look into him further. Thanks for the link! :0)

June said...

I am almost certain that your childhood friend 'Jam' was with you before Clifford made an appearance to children. Maybe Jam wasn't only your invisible friend, but he played with other children too, and from there the idea has grown!
Great minds think alike... and all that.

cassia said...

June, I LOVE that idea! I'd love to think he went off to play with other kids when I got older! :0)

Jon Davis said...

I'ev had sungle blocked nostril syndromw, it's a nightmare, so I very much sympathise.
And yes, why is it ideas come at a time when you really can't write them down (probably when that bit of your brain is relaxed or something). If I get that I always think, 'I'll write that down later, I'll definitely remeber it'